Thematic and obvious PP elements:
- No children are able to be born through all pervasive human infertility.
- Fugitives are all over the place, as are civilian arrestees.
- A full fledged police state has been installed, with the ‘posse commitatus’ rule nullified (the military is now used as police force).
- Flash mob activity and terrorism abounds. It is mentioned that terroristic attacks are perpetrated by the government, this will promote fear for the government.
- Society has seriously degenerated: living standards have gone down the drain (poverty is commonplace), schools are empty and deserted (at least in the rural area), overpopulation and immigration abounds, presence of military overseen refugee camps, chaotic and discordant populations.
- Militant Islam is openly professed in Britain. This theatrical given helps to incite fear for and hostility towards Islam by the public. It conveniently falls in line with the mainstream tendency to place Islam on a par with terrorism.
Subtle and less obvious PP elements:
- Elderly people are mostly senile and robbed of dignity, autonomy and are quite unlike the custodians of wisdom one expects them to be after having lived long lives of accumulated experience.
- Subtle hints of medicine use being commonplace (imagery of pill strips are flashed by). A youth is urged to take his medication by his parent.
- Hiding behind the unarmed civil population has zero effectiveness for ‘terrorists’ since both parties are shot to pieces by ‘counter-terrorism’ armed forces. This helps to stimulate the widening of the trust gap between hostile resistive civil groups and passive compliant civil groups. As such, the unarmed public will be less likely and less frequently willing to assist needy ‘terrorists’ (read: armed resistance) and this will diminish the chances of survival and success of the ‘terrorists’ in the fight against an oppressive state.
My other analyses (oldest first, newest last):
Children of Men (2006)
28 Weeks Later (2007)
Soylent Green (1973)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
The Kingdom (2007)
The Invasion (2007)
Shoot em Up (2007)
John Rambo (2008 )
I, Robot (2004)
Cloverfield (2008 )
Conspiracy Theory (1997)
Starship Troopers 3 – Marauder (2008 )
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008 )
Code 46 (2003)
Minority Report (2002)
V for Vendetta (2005)
Things to Come (1936)
Independence Day (1996)
Death Race (2008 )
Bee Movie (2007)
The Happening (2008 )
Cyborg Girl – Boku no kanojo wa saib�gu (2008 )
Survivors (2008 ) – BBC TV Series – Part 1of6
Survivors (2008 ) – BBC TV Series – Part 2of6
Survivors (2008 ) – BBC TV Series – Part 3of6
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008 )
I Am Legend (2007)
Robocop (1987) – Promoting the Militarization of Police
Dark Knight (2008) – Excusing the Rude & Stoic Strongman Crime Fighter